Hi, it’s been about 85 years since I’ve written. Clearly consistency is a struggle, but I’m working on it.
Since it’s November and Thanksgiving is swiftly approaching (yayyyyy 🙂 ), pumpkin everything is in full swing. I’ve made a few homemade PSL’s and made this extremely yummy Paleo Pumpkin Bar recipe from Hummusapien.
After making her recipe I was inspired to move it to oatmeal. Plus I enjoy switching maaaa oats up. No one has time for boring oats. Just tryna live my best life, yaaa know?
This recipe is great because it really satisfies that sweet tooth + adds a protein boost to your morning.
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 scoop of Sun Warrior Vanilla Classic Plus protein powder
- 1-2 generous spoonfuls of PUMPKIN
- 1 tsp of pumpkin spice
- 1/2 cup nut milk (I have almond milk in the house currently)
- 1/2 cup water (if you don’t want to use water, feel free to use a cup of almond milk instead of a half. Make it your own 🙂 )
- 1/2 a ripe banana (I always freeze the other half for smoothies)
- 6-8 drops of stevia (or sweetener of choice- coconut sugar, maple syrup, honey etc.)
- almond butter (to top)
- Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips (to top)
- Combine all dry ingredients into pan and mix well.
- Stir in the almond milk and water.
- In a separate bowl, mash half a banana then add it to the mix.
- Finally add in the rest of the wet ingredients, mix, then turn the stove on to medium heat.
- Turn down once oats start boiling (if using oats other than quick oats, then they might need to boil a little bit longer)
- Add to bowl and top with desired amount of almond butter and chocolate chips 🙂 [The best part, let’s be honest].
Food For Thought
I’ve been reading through Luke recently, and this verse really spoke to me today:
“The eye is the lamp of your body; when your eye is clear, your whole body is also full of light; but when it is bad, your body is also full of darkness. If therefore your whole body is full of light, with no dark part in it, it will be wholly illuminated, as when the lamp illumines you with it’s rays.”
Eating healthy makes our eyes physically clear, but we must keep them spiritually clear too! Sometimes I struggle with that. I don’t always feel like taking the time My prayer is that we keep our hearts and minds focused on the Truth so that our eyes remain clear and the light of Jesus shines in all we do today.
Have a fabulous day and let me know if you try it! Xx 🙂