Hey guys! I have been SO incredibly MIA lately and I apologize.
Classes are finally done for the summer (praise Jesus!!). I feel as if a load has been lifted off my shoulders. April was an insane month. I had so many papers/projects/exams, I thought my head was going to explode.
It was also the busiest time for my spring internship. I don’t think I ever shared anything about my internship, but it was with a sports social media app called Fancred. I worked with the app and was a community leader at my university promoting it. It was actually a lot of fun and I felt like I learned a lot. If you guys haven’t already downloaded the app you really should because it makes watching sports even more entertaining 🙂
During that same time period, I was shadowing a couple personal trainers at the gym, taking over clients from a trainer who was leaving, and basically just being thrown into the game feeling as unequipped as possible. But is being ready a real thing? I don’t think I could have been anymore prepared to start taking clients then I already was, but regardless I was nervous!!
But here I am a couple weeks later as a proud survivor of finals week, my spring internship, and jumping into the PT game. God is so good.
Since I have been talking a lot about work and school, I think it’s only appropriate I talk about a few of the highlights in April and early May as well 🙂
Took a day trip to the Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati to watch the St. Louis Cardinals play
Threw my best friend a bridal shower!!
Watched the Little 500 bike race
Held this snake like a boss
Went on a bridal party camping trip! (Two bridesmaids couldn’t make it 🙁 )
Life has definitely calmed down a lot, but there are tons of things going on this summer! Some of which I will share now and some I will share after they happen 🙂
- I am continuing my work at the IU rec center as a personal trainer, but finally with some more availability (yay!!)
- I am working for Sneak Peek, which is an organization at the IU rec center that works with the incoming freshman during orientation. Basically, the freshman come to the gym for a few hours and I get to hangout with them.
- My best friend in the entire world is getting married at the end of May and I am her maid of honor!
- I am on the Jill Behrman Color The Campus 5K committee. I am so pumped about this! I get to help with recruitment. The race isn’t until October, so I won’t be super busy with this, but I’ll be attending some meetings this summer.
- In July I’m flying to California to hang out with my sister and road trip with her from San Diego to Norfolk. She is in the navy and got stationed in Virginia so I’m driving with her as she makes the big move. After that I am hoping to head down to Charlotte, North Carolina and hang out with my best friend who is living there for the summer. TRAVELING IS MY FAVORITE THING EVER.
Those are just a few of the exciting things going on this summer. I am looking forward to living in Bloomington and taking in all it has to offer. A few of which are the Farmers’ Market, group exercise classes, juice bars, and the different pool options 🙂
One of my many goals this summer is to be more intentional about this blog. I am going to try really hard to be more consistent and share tons of my favorite recipes and workouts, so stay tuned!
Until then, I am going to make some tea and watch Parks and Rec (my current obsession on Netflix).
What are you guys doing this summer?