I meant to post a few days ago but the weekend got the better of me. However I’m not complaining because it was full of smoothie making, healthy baking, and waterfall chasing 🙂
I thought I would share my latest smoothie recipe obsession. I may or may not have made it three times within the last five days but that’s okay, right?
Here’s the recipe:
- coconut milk (or any kind of milk – almond, etc) I don’t usually measure it out. Just enough to get the consistency I want!
- 1/4-1/2 avocado
- a couple handfuls of leafy greens! (spinach, kale, arugula, etc. I used spinach!)
- a spoonful of almond butter
- 1 teaspoon of Maca powder
- 1 scoop of Sun Warrior Vanilla Blend protein
- 1 frozen banana
- cinnamon to the desire of your heart (I put in a lot because I love it!!)
Then blend it up and enjoy!
In this particular picture I made it into a smoothie bowl and topped it with the following:
- chia seeds
- coconut flakes
- Lara Bar Cocoa Coconut Renola (grain free and gluten free granola!! Soooo yummy)
As for my hiking adventure, a friend and I headed to a nearby nature park and spent the afternoon hiking around and checking out all the little waterfalls. Despite Indiana being in the dead of winter, it was still a blast and ohhhh so pretty.
Of course a hiking adventure isn’t complete without a failed ‘jumping’ picture 🙂
As the weekend came to a close and Monday rolled around, I couldn’t help but feel blessed to be alive.
Even with the rough start to my Monday, I can’t help but praise God regardless (even if the Patriots won). Plus I get to dog sit for this cutie 🙂
I’m not sure what trials or challenges you might be facing, but just know one thing remains constant in this crazy world: God. He was the same yesterday, He is the same today, and He will remain the same tomorrow. For that I am TRULY grateful for. Each challenge you face today is a chance to rely on Him, so don’t miss it! Surrender your life, your problems, and your circumstances to Him and just watch Him work!
Have a wonderful week!